Personal information is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Collection of Personal Information
Leading Edge Aviation only collects personal information for the purposes of conducting our business as part of our legal services that are provided online. The personal information we collect from you will include information you give us when you:
- register or subscribe to our Website;
- complete a transaction with us; and
- contact us.
The personal information that we collect on individuals may include, but is not limited to:
- your name;
- your contact details including your email, home address, billing address and telephone number;
- your payment details including credit card information; and
- optional account information such as the username and password you created when using the Leading Edge Aviation website.
Leading Edge Aviation will not Collect Personal Information secretly or in an underhanded way and will not sell your Personal Information to any third party.
We may collect personal information from individuals who are not clients of our legal firm but whose personal information is given to us by those individuals via our Website or in the course of a transaction.
Where reasonably practicable, we attempt to collect information directly from individuals. When we collect information, we will generally explain to the individual why we are collecting it, who we give it to and how we will use or disclose it or, alternatively, those matters will be obvious from the circumstances such examples are;
- Responding to your requests through our contact us page;
- Processing of payments and the prevention of fraud;
- Setting up your account for the purpose of providing online legal services to you;
- Comply with any legal obligations required including but not limited to the calculation of taxation;
- Improve our online legal service by reviewing and keeping your comments and reviews (if you choose to leave them);
- Sending you notifications of articles and online services (if you have chosen to subscribe to our emailing list); and
- We will collect personal information from you by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
Leading Edge Aviation staff have access to this information to help respond to queries, process payments and support you.
Leading Edge Aviation are required by law to store information for the purposes of taxation and accounting for a minimum period of seven years, such information required to be stored for this purpose is your name, your address, billing address, and other information as it relates to online commercial transactions you have completed with us.
- your computer’s operating system;
- your computer’s browser type and capabilities;
- your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address and geolocation;
- web pages visited, including how you were referred to each web page; and
- web page usage statistics, including the time spent on each web page.
- Cookies can be managed by accessing the individual settings in your browser.
- We will not identify users or their browsing activities, except where required by law or in accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Use and Sale.
Using and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We will generally use or disclose your personal information only for the primary purpose for which it was collected; or for a related secondary purpose where you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the personal information for that secondary purpose. We may otherwise use and disclose your personal information if you have given us consent for the use or disclosure or it is required or authorised by law.
Generally, we use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of providing you with the legal services that you have requested, or otherwise to enable us to carry out our business as an online provider of legal services.
If those purposes for which we have collected the information involve providing personal information about an individual to any third party, we will take appropriate and reasonable steps to ensure any personal information is protected.
We will only use personal information for marketing if you have given express or implied consent (e.g. subscribed to our mailing list).
Security of Your Personal Information
We take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure and against other misuse. When no longer required, personal information is destroyed in a secure manner or deleted.
Access to Your Personal Information and Complaints Procedure
Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), you have certain rights to access the personal information we collect and hold about you.
Generally, we will allow an individual access to the personal information we hold about them within a reasonable time after it is requested. When requesting such access please identify the precise type/s of information requested. You may make a request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take those steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete. Where an individual requests to correct information, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information, having regard to the purpose for which it is held. You may lodge a request to correct personal information in the manner outlined in clause 5.2 above.
To make a complaint about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, which includes how we handle your personal information, you may write to us by email email@example.com. We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within a reasonable time after it is received. If you are not satisfied by our response, you may acquire further information regarding privacy from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.